I suggest you ...

Add ability to view YouTube videos full screen

Currently, you cannot watch a YouTube video full screen within NextGen Reader. If I want to watch a video, I have to open the YouTube page in IE and watch it there, then close the tab and switch back. This seems somewhat unnecessary when I don't wish to comment on the video; all I want to do is see it full screen and move on to the next article.

Can you please add (If possible) the ability to watch the video in full screen so that when it's finished, I can stay in NGR and simply go to the next article in my feed.

281 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Great app, just irritating that YouTube doesn't go full screen. To Armand, you can have the YouTube links open in edge as long as your default browser is edge and then just click on the YouTube icon on the video, opens straight up for me.

• Armand commented  · 

Yes, the full screen for videos in general (not only for YouTube)! And could you add Microsoft Edge in the list of applications when we oppen a video from a link?

• Lens_flare commented  · 

sounds like they are somehow removing fullscreen (and any other button for that matter), coz feedly just passes a LINK to video. At least, readiy has that feature, but don't have that tech support.. or maybe NM doesn't have that too, according to drought of replies from developers themselves.

• Andy Chouinard commented  · 

Definitely agree with this one. In general, it'd be nice to be able to fullscreen embedded videos, although I'm not sure how easy that would be, since the button would have to be added INSIDE the embedded YouTube video window. This might just be the way Feedly embeds the videos and there's no way for you to change it. But I would at least try to make it happen.

• Justin Wilson commented  · 

Allowing fullscreen of any content (articles, images, or certainly videos).

Feedback and Knowledge Base