I suggest you ...

Mark as Read on Scroll

It would be nice when you are reading the topics through the app and not interested in that topics by scrolling pass them, they will be marked as read automatically. So you can continue reading all new topics after you switch the app back and forth, and you will know what topic you are at after the last time you open NextGen Reader.

262 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Napatz Singkarat shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gazumbo commented  · 

I'd really like to see this too!

• Anonymous commented  · 

this feature is really important, please make it as your priority. I just bought the app on my windows 10 and would like to see this feature as soon as possible. Thanks

• Johan commented  · 

It's possible alright, Readiy implemented this few weeks back this and it works beautifully there.

• Marc E commented  · 

I wish I could use all my votes on this request.
        I have tried a few reader apps, NextGen is my favorite, but the "Mark Read on scroll" is a missing feature for me. I use it with the Feedly App on my Android phone and would love to see it on my Win 8 machine.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Or a manual option to mark everything above as read after a long press, like the Press app on Android.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I concur. This is really the only option that I really miss from my android rss days. Love the app but some feeds have dozens articles that I would like to skim through. I agree with Marc Alberts that it would be nice to make it optional though.

• Marc Alberts commented  · 

If this were implemented please make it optional. Some feeds this would work for me, but I have technical feeds as well where I just cant read them in order. If this were a per feed setting like the default open method I would support that.

• Joseph-Wilfried Rosenbaum commented  · 

Has anyone seen a Win8 app that does this? Early on I was told that this is difficult to implement due to the way Win8 handles lists, but maybe there's been some progress?

Feedback and Knowledge Base